Dissertation Free


I should start off this post by apologising for the lack of posts recently, it’s been a crazy few weeks but they are finally over. On Friday I submitted my dissertation, yep that’s right I finished it – WOO HOO. Mind you it took me 8 months to write it, 28,657 words later, including some breakdowns and it was complete!! Honestly it was one of the best feelings in the world after submitting it, I couldn’t wait to get home and throw all the papers relating to it in the bin.
Finally Finished!!

Although, I still have a supervised assessment tomorrow, yep that’s right another lovely Monday morning at uni. I also have my final coursework to submit on Friday, then my last ever exam on the 9th May. I can’t believe after 4 years at uni I’m so close to finishing, but I honestly can’t wait!! The past few months uni work has taken over my life, I haven’t seen my closest friends since the end of January, which is ridiculous but I just didn’t have the time to go out!! It’s a good job I have a great group of friends; they have all been through it so they understood why I was becoming a recluse.

On a serious note though, I actually can’t believe I managed to complete my dissertation, there was so many times I wanted to quit!! For the past few weeks I was only getting around 4 hours sleep a night, you can imagine how grumpy that made me. I haven’t had time to cook proper meals so resorted to eating junk food constantly, so now I’m probably a stone heavier but obviously I blame it on my dissertation!

My little kitten Ollie has kept me sane, honestly when I was feeling like I could explode with anger his little cute face made me smile. I haven’t had a pet since I lived with my mum and dad, which was a long time ago!! Although, when I’m at my desk trying to type he still feels the need to be on top of my laptop, so sometimes he’s a distraction (but obviously a cute one).
The dissertation can wait
Hopefully that’s me through the worst of honours year, I haven’t cried I just get mad and shout about how much I hate it LOL! Before I finish I will put up some posts with tips on how to get through it, although it definitely isn’t easy.
Ok, we have time for a selfie!!
Remember and check out all the previous posts, describing the dramas before I got to this stage!!

Until next time,
Karen

xx

2 comments:

  1. That's a braw wee cat hen,when is he going to Uni.Tallyho pip pip chocks away and so forth jolly good luck with your dissertation thingy to the high heid yins 😜👍

    ReplyDelete