Procrastinating - I Blame The Kitten

I got a kitten – Yes that’s right my very own little bundle of cuteness, his name is Ollie! Myself and Greg picked him up on Sunday afternoon, he is absolutely adorable. He’s only 8 weeks old, so as you can imagine he is pretty tiny! Since I have got him I haven’t done very much uni work at all, he’s so boisterous I end up sitting laughing at him for hours – he’s hilarious!
Perfection
Probably not the best time to get Ollie, 5 weeks before my dissertation is due but I don’t regret it for a second. I have tried to get some work done, but he is just so playful that I don’t get much done at all – he loves attention!! 
Trying to study!!!
Today I was off work and uni so had my full day planned but Ollie wasn’t well, all plans up in the air and a trip to the vet instead. He is ok just a little upset tummy, so he got a little jag to make him feel better. Since we got back from the vet he has been so clingy and feels the need to be next to me and Greg constantly! While I’m typing this post Ollie felt the need to investigate what I was up to, then decided he wasn’t moving.
Nosey parker
As cute as little Ollie is I really need to get some work done, since his arrival I have been a tad lazy!! I have to hand in a draft submission of my dissertation in 8 days – IT IS NOWHERE NEAR READY!!! I did have a plan written out and set dates to complete stuff, to be honest I can’t remember the last time I looked at it! The days just kind of all merge into one, so I’m assuming the pressure is about to increase dramatically!!

I just don’t have the motivation to do uni work anymore, I know it needs done but I just don’t want to do it. It’s so unfair!! I suppose the word to describe my situation is procrastination, yep that pretty much sums me up!! So I’m blaming Ollie, obviously I can’t blame myself that would be just plain silly – AWESOME LOGIC.  There’s always tomorrow, but if I stick with this logic then tomorrow will turn into submission date which would = MELTDOWN STAGE!!
Maybe not the best logic!!

Suppose I better get cracking, after Ollie finishes his investigating of course.

Ps. HAVING A KITTEN IS ACTUALLY THE BEST THING EVER!!!!
xx,

Karen 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on adding little Ollie to the family - he's going to be one spoiled kitten! :)

    ReplyDelete