Introduction

Hello there! My name is Karen, I’m 26 and in my Honours year at university studying Business Technology. 

Selfie .....

As part of my coursework for my Digital Marketing module I have to create a blog, the topic of the blog was for me to decide upon. Since I am a mature student I thought I would share my experience of life at university with others. For me returning to education as a mature student was very daunting, therefore I hope to share my positive experiences and advice with others. Although, not every experience has been a positive one! There has been tears and tantrums along the way.

I began university 2 months before my 22nd birthday, which when you think about it isn’t that old at all. Nevertheless, I was deemed a mature student in the eyes of the education system! When I started I was delighted to see there was a variety of age groups enrolled on my course, this made me feel more relaxed. I wasn’t the only one who had decided to return to education a little later than most people expected.

I think both my parents and siblings were pretty surprised that I returned to education, I’m not exactly the brain box of the family! This was a fresh start for me, a chance to make something of myself and choose my own path in life. I had life experience but not the academic qualifications to change career path, I do enjoy my current job but don’t see it being my ‘Forever Career’.

The first couple of posts in my blog will reflect on events from my first 3 years at university, along with some helpful information and advice (I hope). Returning to university as a mature student is the best decision I ever made, I was ready to work hard and put the effort in.

I don’t regret it for a single minute, (unless I’m having a bad day).

xx,

Karen







0 comments:

Post a Comment